Latest on the RCS port to RiscOS
($Date: 2003/11/26 17:52:06 $)
- Users with a version of RISC OS before v3.7 require the CallASWI module
to run the RCS commands. It is now included in the package.
- An early issue of the RCS binaries (dated 20 Nov 1999) gave 5.7
to the -V option. This shoul be 22.214.171.124.
The binaries in the rcs.zip package have been updated to show the correct
version number. Otherwise their behaviour is unchanged.
- Suffix recognition no longer needed.
RCS directories can now be kept at the same level as the workfiles.
- For those who are interested,
there is a short list of differences
between this version
and the port available from
RCS consists of several programs, and relies on the presence of a
few Unix tools. These must all be ported to get a full system.
All needs to be integrated in a RiscOS front end.
Parts that are finished
The whole package is now working smoothly.
Download RCS v126.96.36.199 [1.13 Mb spark archive] (20 Nov 1998)
the installation instructions.
It contains the following commands:
check in revisions
check out revisions
extract identification markers
change RCS file attributes
clean the working directory
read log messages
merge RCS revisions
three-way file merge
- Subcommand for rcsmerge
compare two files
- Compares two files and produces a list of differences.
compare three files
- Similar to gdiff, but compares three files. Subcommand for merge.
Parts that do not work at all
- rcsfreeze - freeze a configuration
- Under Unix, this is implemented as a script file. Something
nifty must be written here to do the same job. Will probably be included
in the frontend.
- the front end application
- No work at all on this one before the tools were all running smoothly.
I intend to make a single front end application to do all the tasks
the user requires. Dropping work files on it will check them in, using
OLE to enter the comment. Dropping RCS files on it will check them out.
There will be dialog boxes of course, for instance with options
to set a specific
revision number, and with action buttons to call other programs like
For questions, remarks, suggestions, comments etc.
see the contacts page
$Id: latest.html 1.9 2003/11/26 17:52:06 erikgrnh Exp $